Professional Development Days Overview - 2023-2024
One element of the professional learning system is professional development days.
In the 2023-2024 academic year, educators will be engaged in five professional development days.
- Day 1: August 28, 2023 - Professional Development Day (District Welcome, Mandatory Training, and Faculty Meetings)
- Day 2: August 29, 2023 - Building-Based Professional Development Day
- Day 3: August 30, 2023 - Professional Development Day (Teacher Return Day)
- Day 4: March 5, 2024 - District Professional Development Day
- Day 5: Flexible PD: Converted to six hours of PD to be completed between July 1, 2023, and June 1, 2024.
The Professional Development Committee will continue to collaborate in planning these learning opportunities and to ensure that they are aligned with Vision 2026: Educate, Inspire, Challenge. The District is committed to supporting educators' professional development in ways that foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous growth.
The Public Schools of Northborough and Southborough professional learning is designed to develop educators’ knowledge and understanding, sustain growth and lead to refinements in practice. This is a collaborative and iterative process that expands educators’ capacity to improve student learning. The District’s professional learning culture is built on a foundation of trust, interdependence, an active role by all educators, and a shared belief that improved student learning is the goal of all professional learning.