As a school district, we are committed to creating and sustaining a comprehensive, coordinated effort to improve the overall safety and well-being of our students, educators, and administrators. To accomplish this, we believe this must involve community-wide programs and initiatives involving parents, teachers, administrators, local law enforcement, mental health & wellness professionals, and elected officials to take meaningful action to protect our students.
Two years ago, the District launched the Sandy Hook Promise’s Say Something Program and an Anonymous Reporting System (SS-ARS) grades 6-12. The Program teaches students, teachers, and administrators how to recognize warning signs and signals, especially within social media, of individuals who may be a threat to themselves or others to Say Something to a trusted adult OR use its anonymous reporting system.
The Say Something Anonymous Reporting System is a holistic program combining education about the warning signs of potential violence or self-harm with the tools to report concerns safely. This is the only anonymous reporting system in the U.S. that provides training and a mobile app, website, and hotline – exclusively for schools.
A National Crisis Center backs the Anonymous Reporting System and:
Respectfully,Gregory L. MartineauSuperintendent of Schools
- Operates 24/7/365 – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Solely responding to messages (aka tips) received by the Say Something Anonymous Reporting System
- A dedicated team of highly skilled and trained Crisis Counselors
- Fluent in multiple languages with translation support for over 600 languages
- Trained in suicide prevention, crisis management, and mental health support
- Qualified professionals with backgrounds in psychology, social work, and education
- Directed by a former law enforcement official with 20+ years of experience in anonymous reporting systems
- Visit the Say Something website
- Download the SmartPhone App.
- Call the Hotline 1-844-572-9669
Visit the Say Something Website for more information and FAQs