Vision: Profile of a Graduate
Our Students Will Be:
- Enrich the learning of self and others through teamwork.
- Solicit and respect diverse perspectives and contributions.
- Seek, contribute, and react to feedback to achieve shared outcomes.
- Recognize and leverage strengths to build collective commitment, action, and understanding.
Critical and Creative Thinkers
- Transfer and connect knowledge and skills to deepen understanding.
- Demonstrate thinking that is clear, rational, open-minded, and informed by evidence.
- Use disciplinary knowledge and skills in routine and innovative ways.
- Make informed decisions, solve problems, and use a variety of tools to deepen learning.
- Articulate thoughts and ideas using oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills for a range of purposes and audiences.
- Listen to decipher meaning, including knowledge, values, attitudes, and intentions.
- Use technological skills and contemporary digital tools to explore and exchange ideas.
Socially and Civically Engaged
- Demonstrate personal, civic, and social integrity through ethical and empathetic behaviors.
- Recognize individual and communal impact on others and the natural world.
- Value and embrace diverse cultures and unique perspectives through mutual respect and open dialogue.
- Cultivate positive attitudes and habits about learning.
- Pursue one’s own interests and curiosity to experience new learning.
- Consistently improve the quality of one’s own thinking by skillfully analyzing, assessing and reconstructing.
- Persist to accomplish difficult tasks and to overcome academic and personal barriers to meet goals.
Healthy and Balanced
- Develop and demonstrate awareness, sensitivity, concern, and respect to connect with self and others’ feelings, opinions, experiences, and cultures.
- Use reflective practices to understand one’s personal strengths, challenges, and passions.
- Make choices to support a lifestyle that is healthy, both physically and mentally.
- Demonstrate resilience through the ability to manage emotions, stress, and challenges.