1. Players, coaches, and other personnel will demonstrate respect for each other, opponents, officials, spectators, and the game itself.
2. Players, coaches, and other team personnel will represent Melican Middle School with dignity.
3. Each program will be an extension of the classroom. As such, the player/coach relationship will mirror the student/teacher relationship. Positive reinforcement will be an essential part of all learning situations. Every practice and every game will be treated as a new learning experience.
4. A definite emphasis will be placed on teaching the game itself.
5. Coaches will promote an attitude of enjoying the game.