ARHS Science National Honor Society
SNHS After school Tutoring:
Non-Member Peer Tutoring Google Form: https://forms.gle/NhYYWZgrHYGzxu5n6
Group/Activity: Science National Honor Society (SNHS)
Advisor: Ms. Thompson (214)
Grade Level: 11th and 12th
Meeting Schedule: Typically, two meetings per month will be offered, with one meeting attendance per month being mandatory per member. In the fall of 2020, the meetings will initially be virtual via Zoom. Members are provided with a meeting schedule at the beginning of the year and are available on the SNHS Canvas page.
Fees: $20 annual dues; Due by September 15th, 2020
Prerequisites: Membership will be given to junior and senior students. Members will be required to perform the following list. Failure to comply will result in loss of membership.
- Complete Science classes: Honors Biology and Honors Chemistry Classes
- Enroll in 2 Honors (or one Honors and one AP) science classes during 11th grade; and at least 1 AP science class during 12th grade.
- Maintain at least at least a B average overall: at least a B+ average (4.3 on a 5.0 scale) in Honors science courses or a B average in AP science courses.
- Pay yearly dues of $20.00
- Attend monthly meetings
- Participate in SNHS projects and activities
- Provide proof of community service (10 hours per academic year and separate form other honor societies) and GPA
Overview: The purpose of this organization shall be to encourage participation in and recognition of scientific and intellectual thought, to advance the student’s knowledge of classical and modern science, to communicate with the scientific community, to aid the civic community with its comprehension of science, and to encourage students to participate in community service and, in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all mankind.
Any questions please contact the advisor Christine Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org